Location: Multiple Dot Locations (AZ, CA, DE, MD, NY, OK, or TN)
Reports To: Continuous Improvement Manager
Your Role: Supports assigned areas of the business in driving improvement in waste elimination and customer satisfaction through the application of lean tools including facilitation of projects, project management, opportunity identification, and standardization of best practice.
• Leads continuous improvement efforts while applying lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste.
• Work with General Manager or Department Manager of assigned area to identify opportunities and assure predicted savings are tracked, validated, and communicated.
• Coach and develop others in lean/continuous improvement within location.
• Collaborate with other Lean Leaders on key metrics, activities, and initiatives that impact the business to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Assists with Lean activity auditing.
• Travel – Some overnight travel (averaging 5 nights per month) for internal trainings, meetings, and visits to Dot Foods’ distribution centers. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
We Need You To Have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Dot Foods experience.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Strong meeting/group facilitation skills.
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent critical thinking/problem-solving skills.
• Professional and positive verbal and written communication skills.
We’d Like You To Have:
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Effectiveness in teaching and coaching others.
• Ability to effectively present complex topics in a concise manner.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• A friendly working environment
• Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
• Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment based on merit and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including and not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, and promotion.