Office Specialist III
OPENING DATE: 09/21/21
CLOSING DATE: 09/27/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Hennepin County, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
The Housing Stability area of Hennepin County Health and Human Services is seeking an Office Specialist III to provide administrative and office support for its various programs, initiatives, and teams. This position will support service area and program meetings, case consultations, and other projects. This position will be responsible for completing complex administrative functions and tasks for programs and processes and will communicate with internal and external partners and providers, as well as with clients and the general public.
Location and hours:
Currently, this position is remote due to COVID-19. Once the COVID-19 emergency declaration is lifted, this position will be located on-site at the South Minneapolis Human Service Center at 2215 East Lake St., Minneapolis, MN 55407. While temporarily designated as remote, workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours are between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
About this position type:
This position is a full-time, benefit-earning position.
Starting September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional based on the candidate being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency-use basis, or 14 days after receiving a single-dose vaccine approved by the FDA on a full or emergency-use basis. After a conditional job offer is made, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office or a personal digital vaccination record constitutes sufficient “proof.” The candidate must also attest they are vaccinated by completing a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered upon request by a candidate for medical or religious reasons as required by applicable law.
In this position, you will:
- Support the work of the Housing Support Quality Assurance team and the related providers; including management of the Housing Support vendor number request and assignment process in MAXIS, support of the annual Housing Support agreement renewal process, and proficient use of appropriate software tools and databases to efficiently execute these tasks with team members and providers.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for various service area meetings and case consultations; including coordination of participants’ calendars, scheduling of meetings, documenting decisions, maintaining related databases, and keeping formal meeting minutes or meeting notes.
- Manage information and data with Excel spreadsheets and related applications for the service area’s programs, processes, and initiatives; prepare this information and data to be ready for analysis and reporting.
- Assist the public by managing and monitoring the service area’s e-mail and voice mail inboxes, which includes responding to inquiries with preliminary and standard information and assistance, and, if needed, coordinating with service area subject matter experts for more in-depth responses that may be required.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Two years or more of full-time office clerical experience.
- Completion of two years or more of post-high school education.
- 18 months or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Office Specialist Pathway Training program or the Healthcare Clerical Pathway Training program.
- One year or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Human Services Pathway Training program.
Nice to have:
- Providing customer service via phone, on-line and/or in person.
- Working with Microsoft Office, Social Services Information System (SSIS), Electronic Case Files (ECF), and MnCHOICES.
- Using computerized systems/databases and performing data entry.
- Troubleshooting routine computer issues.
- Ability to:
- Serve and support customers using various communication methods, while giving clear and concise information and/or direction.
- Work with external and internal customers professionally and with tact and discretion.
- Take initiative in solving problems, use sound judgment when approaching problems; read and follow complex instructions.
- Recognize and respect cultural differences and provide culturally appropriate services.
- Handle multiple problems and assignments simultaneously, work independently with minimal direction, and work well under pressure.
- Strong planning, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
About the department:
Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Office Specialist III.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that may contain HIPAA data.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a background check.