Transportation Specialist Student Trainee (Summer Intern)
This is a Student Internship position under the Pathways Internship Program.
To qualify for this Internship, you MUST be a continuing student enrolled or accepted for enrollment for the current/upcoming semesters for the duration of the Internship as a condition of employment, taking at least a half-time course load. You will be required to provide documentation to support eligibility. Students may be employed throughout the academic year.
The Student Trainee (Transportation Specialist) Pathways Intern will:
- Implements transportation program functions in a wide variety of disciplines (engineering, planning, environment, etc.) under the review of the office specialists. The activities will be focused on identifying and eliminating program deficiencies; and developing and coordinating various reports, staff actions, correspondence, program briefings, and other related actions.
- Tracks data and maintains databases of varied Federal-aid performance data and drafts reports as requested. Participates in initiatives/activities as required by the Division Performance Plan to implement programs, products, processes, or technologies that contribute to achieving the agency’s National Strategic Goals.
- Assists supervisor or staff members in formulating milestones, goals, target dates, and requirements to evaluate/analyze various aspects of projects/programs. Assists in monitoring status of accomplishments against established schedules and, on occasion, are tasked to identify anticipated problem areas and initiate simple corrective actions.
- Researches, analyzes, and drafts responses to questions regarding specific transportation-related topics.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, conferences, and similar activities.
The ideal candidate will be a student with pavement or material design experience and knowledge of future climate change modeling and downscaling techniques.
Occasional travel - Some travel will be required.