IT Trainer/Instructional Technologist
OPENING DATE: 10/11/21
CLOSING DATE: 10/25/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
The Hennepin County Information Technology (IT) Department has a vacancy for an IT Trainer/Instructional Technologist. The position provides instructional and technical support for internal IT department staff and end users in the lines of business. The position works within a collaborative, team-based environment and coordinates activities and support with the technical trainers and user adoption specialist.
Location and hours:
This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site to the Government Center in downtown Minneapolis at 300 South 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55487 an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and are flexible.
In this position, you will:
- Facilitate and support classroom, online, and hybrid small and large group trainings, workshops, discussions, and sessions related to technology.
- Provide hands-on, production-level support for technology presentations, webinar content and courses.
- Develop quick proficiency in new technologies, sufficient to provide just-in-time how- to support; perform user/functionality testing for various software and tools.
- Develop instructional materials using a variety of media, including written, graphic, web-based, and video.
- Help create and maintain communication channels (such as email and Microsoft Teams forums) to answer users’ questions and promote adoption of new and existing technology.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, organizational development, adult education and learning, computer science, information systems, or other field appropriate to the position.
- Four or more years of experience in general administrative work relating to the management of departmental/organizational operations, or the training and development of a workforce.
Nice to have:
- Using advanced skills in computer applications including Microsoft 365.
- Working autonomously using project management practices, successfully meeting deadlines while managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Facilitating using virtual technology and developing training materials.
- Communicating complicated technical information in plain language, both verbally and in writing.
About the department:
Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. They are made up of 6 divisions: business solutions, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, operations, and special projects.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position is internally classified as an Administrative Assistant.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.
Note: You must attach a resume and cover letter as part of your application materials.