Accounts Receivable Specialist
OPENING DATE: 01/20/22
CLOSING DATE: 01/26/22 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Office of Budget & Finance
The Office of Budget and Finance is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist who will perform accounts receivable and other administrative duties using PeopleSoft applications. This position will have wide-ranging duties as a key member of a team responsible for accurately processing deposits and responding to inquiries regarding customer invoices and customer accounts. This position requires a high level of accountability, accuracy, attention to detail, and communication skills.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
Location and hours:
This position allows some remote work. Typically, for two or more specified days each week the employee is required to work in the Hennepin County Government Center, 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. The remaining days may be worked remotely. Work hours will typically be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
About the position type:
This position is a full-time, benefit earning position.
Effective September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional based on the candidate being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency-use basis, or 14 days after receiving a single-dose vaccine approved by the FDA on a full or emergency-use basis. After a conditional job offer is made, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office or a personal digital vaccination record constitutes sufficient “proof.” The candidate must also attest they are vaccinated by completing a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered upon request by a candidate for medical or religious reasons as required by applicable law.
In this position, you will:
- Accurately apply payments to invoices and preparing bank deposits by using a scanning software for deposit.
- Manage Accounts Receivable entries in PeopleSoft for deposits, including data entry to match credit invoices with past due items, customer profile maintenance, and completing write offs for uncollectable items.
- Maintain excel spreadsheets for daily incoming ACH payments.
- Research and resolve deposit and payment related issues; answer department and customer payment inquiries.
- Assist with managing multiple mail and phone inboxes for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and purchasing/credit cards by triaging incoming requests and responding to inquiries.
- Prepare and mail copies of past due invoices.
- Prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing mail for the Office of Budget and Finance, including interoffice mail.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Three years or more of experience in maintaining financial records.
- Three years or more of post-secondary education in areas related to business or accounting.
- A combination of related post high school education and experience that equals at least three years.
Nice to have:
- Accurate, high-speed data entry skills.
- Experience processing a high volume of deposits for a large entity.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and PeopleSoft Financials or a similar electronic accounting system.
- Ability to:
- Handle multiple priorities with minimal direction.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Meet deadlines and produce accurate work in a fast-paced office environment.
About the department:
The Office of Budget & Finance works hard to ensure sound credit conditions, working capital, and overall financial health within Hennepin County by supporting strategic objectives through leveraging technology, effective management of financial and human resource systems and services, as well as Hennepin County's commitment to equal opportunity, affirmative action, diversity, and inclusion.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Accounting Specialist.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that may contain HIPAA data.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.