Associate Network Planning Analyst
Southwest Airlines is hiring recent & upcoming college grads for our associate analyst program.
Students who have recently graduated, or will graduate in 2022 are encouraged to apply.
You must apply online at: https://careers.southwestair.com/ in order to be considered
Applications are only open for a short time, so be sure to apply TODAY!
The position is located in Dallas, TX at headquarters. Workplace flexibility is provided.
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
I will demonstrate my Warrior Spirit by striving to be my best and never giving up. I will show my Servant's Heart by delivering Legendary Customer Service and treating others with respect. I will express my Fun-LUVing Attitude by not taking myself too seriously and embracing my Southwest Family.
- A Business Analyst is responsible for various analytical functions such as understanding and interpreting key performance indicators, explaining variances and trends, and providing decision support for operational and financial initiatives. In this role, a Business Analyst will develop a basic understanding of airline scheduling techniques, optimization, profitability, and airline operational constraints. Operating in a Team learning environment, one will learn to access and combine relevant data sources to perform complex, highly visible flight schedule analysis supporting projects impactful across multiple departments. The Business Analyst must be comfortable preparing and presenting their thought and analysis, using verbal and written communication to tell a compelling story that explains the analysis and supports the recommendation.
- Will learn in a classroom and Team environment to understand basic skills needed in a Business Analyst role
- Will learn data sources, analysis methods, and calculations of key metrics for different operational groups gaining a baseline knowledge of how decisions impact the different Teams across the organization
- Will learn to analyze the impact of changes to operational and commercial constraints in the schedule
- Will use data analytical tools including simulation and forecasting to evaluate and recommend efficiencies for schedule and operational improvements
- Will gather data to communicate business insights and realistic solutions
- Seek opportunities to innovate, improve business processes, and implement efficiencies
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong analytical and software skills required; familiarity with data querying or reporting tools
- Ability to transform raw data into easily understood, presentable and actionable findings
- Ability to answer business questions using logical reasoning and analytical skills
- Ability to identify the best tool to complete assigned work
- Develop skills around critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritize accordingly
- Exhibit a healthy and spirited Team Culture
- Must possess strong organizational skills and execute with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability and desire to take ownership of individual and Team deliverable
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Bachelor's degree (Business Analytics, STEM, Economics, Operations Research or Aviation degree preferred) OR: 2 year Associate Degree with analytical coursework in Business Analytics, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Statistics, Operations or Aviation with 2+ years of full time employment applying analysis and/or logistics required
- Must be graduated by June 2022 to be considered
- Required: Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel
- Required: Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- Preferred: Basic knowledge of SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, Visual Basic or other advanced programming language
- Preferred: Academic/professional experience in aviation, linear programming or optimization
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints
- Must be willing to work periodic evenings and/or weekends
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to recall key information such as schedule statistics and decision details
- Must be self-motivated and perform with minimal direct supervision
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- This position requires authorization to work in the United States as a permanent employee without sponsorship
Additional requirements and responsibilities for each role are found on each job description on our career site. You must meet the requirements listed on that job description.