Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Experience Summer Intern
Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Experience
At the Trial Court, we believe in Justice with Speed and Dignity. This is an amazing opportunity to see Justice at Work! Join the Trial Court for an 8-to-10-week paid internship this summer and experience the tremendous work the Trial Courts do every day.
Please complete the on-line application and upload a current resume.
The Trial Court is committed to:
- fair and impartial administration of justice;
- protection of constitutional and statutory rights and liberties;
- equal access to justice for all in a safe and dignified environment with policies and practices that strengthen and support diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- efficient, effective, and accountable resolution of disputes;
- prompt and courteous service to the public by committed and dedicated professionals utilizing best practices in a manner that inspires public trust and confidence.
Department Mission Statement:
To create an inclusive culture and support continuous systemic improvement, the Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Experience (ODEIE) builds organizational capacity and implements best practices by leading collaborative efforts with Trial Court departments and external stakeholders.
ODEIE provides strategic leadership through partnerships that empower and support every Trial Court department and employee to shift Court culture and embed DEI more effectively in Court operations.
- Support the development of ODEIE video library planning with ideas and storyboarding around a Court empathy video and other topical DEI video shorts
- Assist with the implementation and assessment of DEI strategies and programs to recommend to Court leadership that continuously improves employee engagement among current and future talent
- Support the creation of companion documents to provide training participants post-training for their expanded learning and growth
- Assist in compiling relevant DEI articles, resources, tools, and podcasts
- Collaborate to strategize & make recommendations on DEIE content internal communications
- Assist in the coordination of awareness observances, maintain the cultural observance calendar, and prepare related communications
- Students working towards an associate’s or bachelor’s degree (class of 2022 high school graduates are welcome to apply) from an accredited college or university
- Strong interest in social justice issues and creating diverse, equitable and inclusive workplaces
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities
- Technical skillset with using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe programs, and other computer or web-based software
- Solid ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms